Business After Hours
Business After Hours (BAH) is a networking event hosted by our members that brings both current and prospective Chamber members together to build relationships in a fun and relaxed environment.
Each BAH event features:
- Multiple door prize drawings with items donated by members
- Mixer Moolah (cash pot drawing)
- New Member Spotlight where we introduce any new members and give them a moment to share about their business
- Food and drinks ranging from appetizers and wine to a sampling of tasty entrees and sodas
Tips for Attending a Business After Hours
- Bring lots of business cards
- Prepare and practice your “Elevator Pitch” or “30-second Commercial” or a quick summary of what you do and how you solve your clients’ problems.
- Whether you wear your own nametag or use one of our sticky nametags, you’ll want to wear it on the right side so it’s easy to see when shaking hands.
- Don’t be afraid to circulate and mingle. It’s harder to meet your next client, customer, or collaborator if you wait for them to come to you.
- Networking is about creating relationships, not selling. As you engage with others, really listen to who they are, what needs they have and how you can connect with them on a personal level. Not sure what to say? Here are a few questions to get you started:
- What do you do?
- What made you decide on that field or type of work?
- What do you enjoy most about what you do?
- Who is your ideal client or customer?
- What are you most excited about right now?
Interested in hosting a Business After Hours?
- Great! Here is some general information about hosting.WHEN: BAH events are scheduled for Thursday evenings from 5:00-6:30.WHERE: You can host in your shop or office, a local venue, or even team up and co-host with another business or non-profit.
- Fill out the Reservation Form and send to Marcelinda to get on the list.
- Decide what food and beverage you will serve. *If it’s something special, make sure to let us know so we can use it to help promote the event.
- Decide what you will offer as a door prize.
- Prepare your “presentation”. No stressing here.
Near the beginning of the event, we’ll introduce you and let you share a bit about your business. Think about what you want to tell guests.
- What do you do and who do you serve?
- Will you offer a tour of your facility?
- Do you have any special promotions you want to share?
- Prepare you team or staff to be introduced.
WHAT WE WILL DO:
- Facebook Event Page
Once we schedule your BAH event, we will create a Facebook event page to help get the word out. If you have a Facebook account for your business, we will invite you to be a co-host so the event immediately shows up on your Facebook account page too.
- Chamber E-Flash
We will share the information about your event in the weekly E-Flash when the event is only a few weeks out.
- Monthly Newsletter
We will also include the event information in the newsletter issue of the month you’re hosting.
Every time we promote your event we’ll include your business name and logo. That means we’re getting your business in front of lots of people, multiple times for that one event.
Door Prizes: We will encourage other businesses to bring a door prize or two and take care of drawing the names and announcing winners.
Mixer Moolah: We will encourage attendees to participate in the Mixer Moolah by placing $1 and their business card in the Moolah Pot. Near the end of the evening, we’ll draw and announce a winner.
New Member Spotlight: Throughout the event, we’ll take a moment to allow each member an opportunity to introduce themselves and share about their business.
If our marketing person is available and you are comfortable with it, she will do a Live Video during your Welcome and Introduction time. *Just one more opportunity to get your business in front of people.
- Facebook Event Page